Forget the "Freshman" packing list - learn from experience. We interviewed some soon-to-be college Juniors to get their advice, and they were happy to share. Here are their 5 top tips for taking on the first year of college.
1. Don't forget the stapler (and staples, keep some office supplies handy!) Many students have memories of running around campus just before a deadline looking for a means to get their assignment together. Not Fun!
2. Beware of over supplying. Packing lists include a lot of items you don't need, probably won't use, and likely won't fit in your new smaller space. From organizational tools to electronics, clothing steamers to irons - if you are not sure, wait until you get there to decide if you can't live without, and then order it online. As a default: Go Simple!
3. Little-known necessities:
4. Don't loft your bed too high. Many people will suggest that you raise your bed up to allow for storage or even living space below. Our experts don't go for it, "it doesn't feel homey."
5. Wash your sheets and wash them often! Following tip #4 - because your dorm room will likely only fit a bed, desks and dresser, your bed will also become a living space. There you'll study, socialize, eat, and sleep, and your sheets will take much more abuse than they do at home. We recommend our NEW specially sized and tested QuickZip Twin XL -Dorm sheets. They are quick to change, easy to wash and won't pop off those slippery mattresses (plus they will fit well with or without a topper). #ThatCleanSheetFeeling.