Having a baby is one of the happiest and exciting moments, but also one of the most stressful times in any woman's life. While it may seem daunting, it is important to relax after returning home with your new baby. There is no one way to raise a baby, so don't let anyone tell you differently. Here are some tips and tricks to make the transition easier:
1. Accept help when needed: No one in invincible. If a family member or friend offers to watch your baby for a couple hours, let them! Don't be afraid to ask for help either. Take this time to take a nap, do some chores, or even treat yourself to a spa treatment.
2. Set aside time for yourself everyday: Even if it is just 30 minutes or an hour, it is extremely important to have some alone time everyday where you can read a book, listen to music, do yoga... whatever it is that you personally need to make your day a little more relaxing.
3. Plan ahead: Set aside a day or two every week to run errands, prep meals, change sheets, etc. In fact, this tip is probably something you can carry with you your entire life, but it's good to get started early. QuickZip sheets can help you accomplish this goal because changing your baby's sheets won't take longer than 30 seconds.
4. Sleep when the baby sleeps: Don't try to accomplish everything on your to-do list while your baby is sleeping. The time while your baby sleeps may be your only time for peace and quiet, and it is important to maintain a healthy sleep schedule in order to prevent sleep deprivation.
5. Don't expect perfection: One mom's idea of perfection may be completely different than yours, and that's perfectly fine. Each family is unique and functions in its own way, and it is important to accept that. Not everything has to be "right" all the time, and realistically, it probably won't be!