While everyone wants to see their friends and family who live elsewhere, housing them can be an ordeal. However, having company doesn't have to be a terrible experience for you, but its important to stay calm and set low expectations! Here are some tips to make having guests a little easier:
1. Don't worry about all the small details: More likely than not, you are the only person that will notice if the house is not completely spotless (and if your guests do notice, they won't and shouldn't care).
2. Make it easy on yourself: You don't have to cook every meal! Don't be ashamed to order take-out or go out for a few meals while your guests are staying with you. In terms of getting rooms ready, using QuickZip sheets is one of the easiest ways to shorten both the preparation and clean up of having guests.
3. Your home is not a hotel: You are opening up your house to guests, which is more than enough. Do not feel obligated to make their bed everyday, do their dishes and laundry, etc.
4. Stick to your normal sleep schedule: Just because your guests wake up earlier than you does not mean you have to also. Keep your daily life as normal as possible to protect your sanity.
5. Have fun with your guests: Instead of worrying too much about your house and how your company is doing, do activities and hang out with your guests. After all, they are most likely staying at your home in order to see you!